A place for Ryans, sealions, and other things that bark.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Double, Double, Travel and Trouble

So my mother recently pointed out that I bring death and destruction wherever I go. Ok, she didn't quite use those terms, but she did bring to my attention the fact that I had traveled to NY, (and to the WTC) a week before 9/11/01:

Me, Jim and Bryan, in early Sept 01.


and had been to New Orleans for this year's Mardi Gras:

Me, a NO police officer, and a horse. (While this picture might not strike you as representative of typical Mardi Gras, it was of the few pictures I had that was appropriate for general audiences. It also illustrates the fact that you can drink in the streets of NO and the police do not care. Which is not true in other locations. Trust me. I found this out the hard, er... expensive, way. But I digress.)

So, could the two most tragic events in recent US history be somehow tied to me?

Nope. Just a coincidence, (sorry to disappoint those of you who thought I had mystical powers). And, despite some who may feel that I should lock myself in a room in order to prevent any more catastrophic events, I believe this realization only encourages me to travel more, not less. For me, it really drives home the fact that everything, whether it be buildings, cities, or our own lives, will not be around forever. Time is fleeting. I know it sounds cliche, but it's true. We need to live life to the fullest and see the world, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Unless of course, you're expecting a package from Fedex. They are pretty reliable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Psh. No more traveling for you! However, Fed ex is rather reliable. The company that delivers for "my" company, UPS, is terrible. I think 1 of 3 modems Qwest sends goes to the wrong address. Oooh. Rant blog time. Mauhahaha.

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get that picture. Do you still have the one when I climbed on the bull down by Wall Street and rode it like a naughty boy?

10:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need I remind you of your 17th birthday, and Kevin's house???

8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home