A place for Ryans, sealions, and other things that bark.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Grey Goose

Conversation at work:

Vice President: ... whoah, Ryan, you are getting grey hair.
Ryan: Yeah, i'm going gray.
VP: Wow, that's a shame.
Ryan: Well, it's not like I'm not going bald. At least I'll have hair to dye (if I want to go that route).

Now, when I said this, I meant this in a completely innocent way, referring only to myself in a "well, let's look at the bright side" sort of manner. However, when my boss made a weird face and walked away, I realized that this could be taken as a malicious retort, as in "Well, I might be going grey, but at least I'M not going bald LIKE YOU". Sure, I didn't say "LIKE YOU", but the way he walked away made me think that that is how he took it. From now on, I'll just smile and nod when others talk to me, because honestly, I don't like the taste of my foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home