A place for Ryans, sealions, and other things that bark.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Smooth and Creamy

While running on the treadmill earlier today, I found myself staring at a TV that was tuned to some station which had chosen to broadcast “The Bodyguard.” For those of you who don’t remember this classic, let me enlighten you: It has Kevin Costner protecting Whitney Houston, and somehow they become romantically involved. I can’t get into more detail because I never saw any of it before the small chunk I regrettably watched today, and that small chunk did not reveal enough for me to figure out what was going on, nor did it inspire me to rent the movie to find out more. Whatever happened to KC anyways? He’s sure fallen a long way, eh?

Anywho, like most movies not broadcast on premium channels, this one was interspersed with many commercials. I couldn’t help but notice that 75%+ were clearly directed toward women, most likely because those responsible for advertising know that no man in his right mind would sit through this movie, unless he is forced to watch it with his significant other, or is stuck on a treadmill .

While there were several commercials that really got me thinking, I would have to say that the most intriguing commercial spouted the benefits of using Vagisil. What I had to wonder was, how does one end up in a Vagisil commercial? I bet the actress was some Midwestern girl who had dreams of making it big in Hollywood, only to find out that she didn’t have what it takes to be in movies or TV. It probably went down like this:

[Talent Agent] – Well Betsy, the boys at the studio say you don’t have quite what they are looking for to be Extra #37 in Friday 13th Part XXIV.
[Betsy] – Well, what am I to do?
[Talent Agent] – Well, your face is naturally contorted such that you appear to be uncomfortable. You ever thought about pitching vaginal creams?
[Betsy] – (puzzled look)
[Talent Agent] – You could be the face of vagisil. We’ll give you 30 bucks and a lifetime supply!
[Betsy] - You had me at “vaginal creams”!

Being Miss Teen Vagisil probably isn't viewed too favorably by her high school peers

I wonder if these Vagisil, Hemorrhoids, and Herpes people are embarrassed by the commercials they star in? I guess someone’s got to do it…I’m just glad it’s not me.

1 Comments:

Blogger FrannyD said...

ewie. i dont like the name of your post.

11:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home