A place for Ryans, sealions, and other things that bark.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It took some balls

Don't you just want to kick them?


My apartment building’s gym comes equipped with several different sized stability balls, all randomly scattered around the facility. Whenever I get close to these brightly colored rubber balls, my first instinct is to kick them as hard as I can, (thank you, elementary school gym class). Because this is not conducive to a good workout for either me or for the other people using the other equipment, I always do my best to steer clear of these giant spherical distractions.
One of the many positions I tried


However, this morning, after completing my workout, I found myself drawn to them, and while fighting my desire to kick or bounce them, I decided that I would in fact try and use them as intended. The problem was I had no idea how to use them properly. After looking around and confirming that I was the only one in the workout center, (so that no one would see me make an ass of myself), I brought the different balls together and tried to figure out ways that they could in fact be used. After trying innumerable combinations of positions, dumbbells, and balls, I found myself rolling on the floor hugging the giant orange ball, laughing out loud at how stupid I felt. However, when I looked up, I noticed that now, I was no longer alone in the gym. There were now residents using the treadmills, staring at me with puzzled looks. They probably had trouble figuring out why I was rolling around on the floor, playing with the balls by myself and laughing. I stood up like everything was cool, and strode out of there as quickly as I could without making it obvious that I was fleeing their judging eyes.

I think my neighbors think I’m mentally challenged.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of like the time your gym shorts came off in 9th grade in front of the whole class, OMG that was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen, at your expense.

4:17 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Ah, what a glorious memory. Thanks for sharing Jim.

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home