A place for Ryans, sealions, and other things that bark.

Monday, January 30, 2006

How Much Is That Doggy, In the New Year? (Woof Woof)

In order to celebrate the Chinese New Year, I decided that I would order some Chinese takeout. I got the idea from seeing non-Chinese people buying non-Chinese food on Jan 1st, (a non-Chinese New Year), and it seemed like a good idea.

Anyway, as I was waiting in the restaurant for them to bring out my take-out, I started reading over the placemats that list the 12 signs of the Zodiac. Seeing as they told me 15 minutes but it took 45, I had plenty of time to study all 12. As it is the Year of the Dog, I feel like it is only appropriate to bitch about how silly all this is. Just because you and I were born in the same year does not automatically make you and I more alike than me and some other person who was born in a prior year. The same goes for horoscopes. I was born in the year of the Dog, and I am an Aries. And this means … a whole lot of nothing. Some Mongolian yak herder who happened to be born in April of 1958 probably shares fewer personality traits with me than I share with my brother, who is a Taurus Rat. Call it a hunch, but I feel pretty good about that assertion. But if you can round up a yak herder who proves me wrong, I will happily admit that I was incorrect. But then I will sadly admit that you wasted a ridiculous amount of time and energy proving me wrong. You really need rethink your priorities, my friend.

I really hope I haven’t destroyed anyone’s views on how the world works, but if I did, well, it had to be done. Unless of course you are part of the communist regime in China, and then to you I say, I’m sorry for insulting your Zodiac signs. I think they are great. Please don’t send out your super secret communist killers to harm me or my family. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home